Friday 9 March 2012

What a week that was!

Out of Time display at Cartmel Priory School
Phew! Exhausting week- busy at schools and other interesting places! First up was Cartmel Priory School...my first author day with secondary children. It was a great day-fantastic variety of writers and some excellent moments including the one when Year 8 demanded I read Guy the Grumpy Gargoyle to them ...and bless them, they even joined in with the actions and noises! Just shows you don't always need to have a computer game to interact with a story! Thanks so much to Carol for all the organisation and friendly welcome.
Tuesday...a bit of normality, in the centre and catching up. Wednesday-train up to Edinburgh to the University for my daughter to have an interview. We both loved it and were amazed how easy and quick the journey was. Thursday-full day at Dane Ghyll Primary with all year groups! Wow! Got quite confused at one point-completely forgetting what a metaphor was! I DO know what one is -honest!My brains were scrambled and that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Fab day -made to feel very welcome by Gary and the staff and thanks to Caren who organised it all. Finally, today up to Broughton CE School. A lovely day, brilliant staff, super children and thanks to Jacki for inviting me. Worked with Y2-6 and we had some excellent stories and the icing on the cake was the Poetry Competition which I helped to judge! What a hard task-the kids put so much effort in and learnt their poems well...pics to follow later!


Judging at Broughton
Tonight I have booked my flights to Venice as I will be visiting a school there in my author role. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time...but looking forward to spending time with my cousins John and Lidia who are kindly putting me up...or should I say putting up with me? More training walks planned for the weekend...K2B not far off now-don't forget you can sponsor me on the link here-for an excellent cause-dystonia!

No comments:

Post a Comment